Monday, October 13, 2008

Keith LoBue's Visit to AE





We are all delighted with our weekend experience in classes with the not-only-talented but the serene, wise and actually very cave-man-esque Keith LoBue. Keith spent an entire day teaching how to drill, etch...(did I mention that we drilled thru glass?...OK, maybe I impress easily, but that was way cool...in fact, it was Sweeeet!)...in all kinds of surfaces and materials. So much info...I could see some of the heads were happily stuffed at the end of the class. It was a lecture and demo class and I'm pretty sure everyone was thrilled with the amount of info.


On day #2, the students did all sorts of Wire Working, learning connections, chain elements, cleaning and aging...another home run by Keith LoBue. He & I are already plotting on how and when to schedule a return visit. I will give you all plenty of notice, because he will be having a three-day Precious Little Class , a Friday, Saturday, & Sunday...and we will fit in two other classes, on Wednesday & Thursday...the decorating with paper class and the Metal Etching Class. The first news will be seen in the newsletters, so keep reading and memorizing those for now.
Additionally, Keith brought along pieces of his art jewelry for sale, a Folio of photos of his work, digital collage prints, as well as a Dvd which shows him creating a jewelry piece. We have copies of the Folio and the DVD here in the store for sale. I think if Keith puts a comment here on this blog, he can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the price of each is $50.
As is my way with visiting artists, males, we did get briefly engaged, but broke it off rather quickly, and we will make every effort to remain just friends. Keith did get a chance to meet my husband, Greg, so, I guess it all worked out for the best.

1 comment:

  1. This class was beyond great. I will be the first in line next year to sign up.
    For those of you in this years class, I wanted to share that I found extra long needle nose pliers made by Blue Moon Beads at AC Moore. The tips are 1 1/4" long. You don't have to order from England or saw off any ends.
    I have been happily making links this week end.
    Thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete