Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holiday Slippers...

Today, I am showing you some sweet little die cut slippers, which can be used as gift tags or even tree ornaments. Finished, these slippers are about five inches long.

The die is a Sizzix die, shown below. I cut a bottom and toe piece out of decorative paper, using the Graphic 45 "Night Before Christmas" release. I am making two slippers, so, for one slipper, you only need one of each. I also cut a bottom out of chipboard (seen in white.) 
 Additionally, I took the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die and cut it twice from red cardstock, but I am only using the two smaller sizes from each set. In the photo, you can see that the toe piece has tabs, all of which bend under and are used to glue the toe to the rest of the slipper.
 Using the Ranger glue stick, and applying the glue to both the patterned paper and the chipboard, I stuck them together to give the ornament extra strength.
 At this point, I added some Distress ink around all the edges of the two shoe pieces, and the toe pieces, too.  I also used two different embossing folders on the red poinsettia pieces, for a little dimension. The image looks a little more noticeable after rubbing a bit of gold pigment ink across the raised parts on the poinsettia. I used the adhesive shown below on all the tabs, and held the toe piece in place briefly. It really does dry quickly.
This is the new Jumbo Tattered Pinecone die from Tim Holtz. After bending back all the edges, I used Quick Dry Scotch Adhesive, and glued a bit as I turned to create the pinecone.
Using Multi Medium, in matte finish, I added some of the Stampendous Shabby White Embossing Enamel. It has extra pieces of glitter and gold already in the mix, and it all embosses together, to make a snowy look.  I layered the poinsetttia, using the Prima 3-D Matte Gel. This stuff is like cement when it dries!! I used this same adhesive to put the pinecone into the top of the slipper. As a final touch, I added some Ice Stickles, in "crystal ice" color. (See photo at the top of the page.)
This is an easy and fun project, great for name tags at the table, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment